LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK
Lake Mburo National Park is one of the largest five lakes that are near by the wetlands, and it accounts for only 20% of this unique lake found in western Uganda. The park covers only 370km² yet it has 5 lakes within. It’s situated between the towns of Masaka and Mbarara taking you about 4 hours to get there. Lake Mburo National Park is the only place where you can spot the impalas in Uganda, antelopes as well as the Elands. There are also many herds of buffalos and Zebras with in this national park.
- Game drive in Lake Mburo National Park
- Boat cruise on Lake Mburo
- Photo shooting
- Uganda Equator experience
The 1 day itinerary:
Early in the morning, you will have your breakfast at the lodge, hotel, or any place of your residence, Our driver will pick you up from the lodge, hotel or any pace of your residence at 7:00am and briefs you about the 1 Day lake Mburo Trip.
You will be picked up by safari your guide/ driver after your breakfast to begin the journey so as to beat up the morning traffic jam, the first stop will be at the Uganda Equator and here you can take some coffee, taking pictures at the Equator and buy souvenirs if you like. We will then continue to Lake Mburo National Park and upon your arrival, you will have a great lunch and set out for an exciting boat cruise, a good chance to see aquatic birds and hippopotamus.
Return from your boat cruise ready to end the day with adventurous evening game drive, it is a good chance for you to see lots of antelopes, zebras, warthogs, giraffes and may more if you are lucky. After your day adventurous trip, exit the park, heading straight to Kampala to be dropped off at your hotel or at the airport for your night flight.
Prerequisites fo the tour:
- A good zooming lens camera for photos
- A good insect repellent to keep those persistent insects away.
- Rain jacket is important as the rain is upredictable.
- Light clothes as the sun does shine plenty in this part.
- Transport in a 4x4 wheel drive with a comprehensive insurance cover
- All entrance fees
- Boat cruise, Lunch, English speaking guide
- Necessary government taxes, Fuel, Bottled water
- Any other personal interests